Provide paralegal support to the Legal, Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance teams in coordinating discovery for corporate litigation; serving as a liaison with outside counsel and corporate insurers, and performing general business administration activities, including contract administration, business registrations, business licenses and certificates of insurance.
Duties and Responsibilities (Key Deliverables):
1. Assist SVP Legal in coordinating and managing discovery on corporate litigation issues,
2. Coordinate and respond to commercial legal and contract requests, including the review and negotiation of terms and conditions, non-disclosure agreements, and other commercial agreements while partnering with internal and cross-functional team members.
3. Manage subpoena request to the company, including verifying consents to provide information, gathering information from field and headquarters, reviewing documentation provided and responding to request.
4. Coordinate annual renewals of corporate insurance program.
5. Coordinate and maintain all domestic corporate business registrations and annual renewal process.
6. Serve as a liaison with internal Regulatory and Quality teams and insurers concerning product complaints.
7. Draft and/or review domestic sales agency and representative agreements.
8. Serve as a liaison with Company’s outside immigration counsel to coordinate visas, employment authorizations, etc.
9. Conduct research on regulatory and corporate legal issues relevant to the Company’s business and prepare memos, summaries and related documents.
10. Conduct screenings of new sales agencies pursuant to the Company’s Compliance and Ethics Program.
11. Know and applies the Quality System and any appropriate Federal and International Standards
12. Assist and support other employees, teams, and sales personnel as necessary.
Education: Bachelor’s degree with concentration and/or specialization in legal studies.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Paralegal, preferably in a medical malpractice, products liability litigation or workmen’s compensation litigation firm
• Paralegal certification in the State of Florida
• At least 2 years of litigation experience preferred
• Contracts experience preferred
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) database management and Internet
• Intellectual property experience a plus
• Knowledge of legal terminology, procedure, and legal ethics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelors or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)